Important Notice About Our Information Practices And The Protection Of Your Privacy
Here at Westlake Risk & Insurance Services, we value your business and the trust you’ve placed with us. That’s why we want to assure you that we are serious about keeping your personal information private before, during and after your business relationship with us. This notice describes our policy regarding the collection and disclosure of nonpublic personal information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We obtain most of our information directly from you. Depending on the nature of your insurance transaction, we may need additional information about you or other individuals proposed for insurance. We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information you provide on applications or other forms
- Claims, billing, payment history, and other transaction information we receive from you, our affiliates and others
- Information we receive from other agents, brokers, administrators, investigators, insurance support agencies, legal counsel, consumer reporting agencies and government reporting agencies
INFORMATION WE MAY DISCLOSE TO AFFILIATES AND THIRD PARTIES
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law. We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following affiliates and nonaffiliated third parties to effect, administer, or enforce your insurance transaction:
- Claims administrators
- Other insurance companies that might write your policies on renewal
- Appraisers, inspectors, and other insurance support services
- Governmental agencies when required to do so
- An affiliate or third party for the purpose of conducting an audit of the insurance institution or agent in connection with the operations or services provided
- To a lien holder, mortgagee, assignee or other person having a legal or beneficial interest in the policy of insurance
- To persons or agencies lawfully entitled pursuant to a subpoena or court order
YOUR RIGHT TO OPT OUT
If you do not want us to disclose personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties, you may tell us so. This is known as “opting out”. If you wish to opt out, call us at 805 413-0250. Even if you opt out, we may still disclose information as allowed by law. This includes disclosing information to our affiliates to market other products or services to you.
OUR PRACTICES REGARDING INFORMATION CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal and state regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
You may write to us if you have any questions about the information that we may have in our records about you. If you wish, you may inspect this information in person or receive a copy at a reasonable charge by sending us a written request. You can notify us in writing if you believe any information should be corrected, amended, or deleted and we will review your request. We will either make the requested change or explain why we did not do so. If we do not make the requested change, you may submit a short written statement identifying the disputed information, which will be included in all future disclosures of your information. You may send your written request to us at:
2659 Townsgate Rd., Suite 103
Westlake Village, CA 91361